Hello and welcome! I am a qualified coach and mentor, with an ILM Level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors, as well as being a qualified practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming. I also use my years of experience as an environmental trainer and facilitator, to offer excellent coaching, training and facilitation to individuals and groups in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
I have been working in the field of personal and professional development for 25 years, originally as a trainer, facilitator and coach at Losehill Hall, the Peak District National Park Authority’s Environmental Training Centre, and over the last 12 years have been successfully running my own business offering coaching, facilitation and training services.
Prior to this, I was a co-director, writer and performer for a theatre-in-education company, and earlier still, a registered nurse. Communicating well with all sorts of people is what my life’s work is about.
I am inspired by helping people to make the very best of themselves, both in their work and out of it. What drives me is to see someone make positive changes or to discover something new about themselves that gives them greater confidence to take action.
My coaching clients want to identify and achieve personal and professional goals, and my style of coaching, which is honest, insightful, warm and sensible, helps them to do that.
As an individual, you may be lacking direction or self-belief; you may feel overwhelmed by work or find colleagues difficult to work with; or you may just want to try out new possibilities to help fulfil your potential.
As a manager, you may be looking for a coach to help improve the performance of your team members. Some may want help with self-confidence, some with presentation at meetings and events, and others with being more effective.
I offer flexible, one-to-one coaching at a time and place to suit you – this includes holding sessions remotely via video link or over the phone, if that works best for you.
Recent clients include:
- CEO of a national museum sector organisation
- CEO of a charity for vulnerable women
- CEO of a leading botanical garden
- Managing Director of a marketing company
- Leaders in the museums and heritage sector
- Head of Fundraising for a regional country park
- Development Officer for a regional charity
- Many other individuals looking to make a step-change in their careers or lives
Excellent quality training can change lives, and certainly changes the way that people work. I devise and deliver training that is always of the highest standard. Whether short workshops or longer programmes, my training…
- Starts where the learners are
- Taps into the learners’ preferred learning styles
- Pays attention to the detail
- Is adaptable and flexible to meet training needs that change as the training progresses
I have many years of experience in providing training in the following areas:
- Learning and development
- Leadership skills
- Effective team working
Recent work includes:
- Leadership Skills training for Rising Leaders Programme and Emerging Leaders Programme, both in England and Wales – workshops and sessions over a 2-year period.
- Running Team Development sessions for the senior leadership team of Living Sport.
- Creating and delivering Train the Trainer workshops for the Peak District National Park Authority
- Developing and delivering practical workshops on Dealing with Stress for Nene Park Trust
- Devising and running a short programme of Team Development sessions for the Eastern Moors Partnership
- Devising and delivering a workshop for line managers at British Business Bank for Using a Coaching Approach in line management
Good facilitation makes meetings, workshops and consultation events as enjoyable and effective as possible. If you have ever come away from a meeting involving a large group of people, feeling that there was a lack of clarity, that it was hard to participate, and that it was of little benefit, then it could probably have done with some expert facilitation.
I work as a facilitator for a great range of clients, and my aims are always the same: to ensure that the client’s objectives are achieved in the shortest time, with the optimum input from everyone and maximum enjoyment for all involved.
My style is inclusive, adaptable and very well organised. I ensure that all participants feel welcomed and comfortable, and fully engage in the issues and questions, confident that their voices have been listened to.
I use a range of creative techniques, often devising new ones where necessary, to keep participants on track and make the best use of time.
Examples of occasions when good facilitation can ensure success:
- Strategic planning meetings
- Public consultation events
- Customer focus groups
- Visioning and innovation workshops
- Project or service reviews
- Annual General Meetings
- Partnership and steering group meetings
Recent clients include:
- Heritage Trust Network – team awaydays to review past work, consider organisational values, and to plan for the future
- The Meadows Montessori School – an all-staff day to develop the school’s Vision Statement
- Woodland Trust – a team awayday for the Carbon Programme team to review past work, work through current challenges and make a plan for moving forwards
- Severn Trent Water – discussion groups of the national Conservation and Recreation Conference
- Nene Park Trust – its annual All-Staff Conference for the past seven years
- Tourism Northern Ireland – workshops to develop Visitor Experiences as part of a wider project run by Telltale
- Living Sport – the Board Working Group event to develop a vision and milestones for a 5-year plan
Contact me by e-mail, telephone or snail mail for a discussion or to make an enquiry.
- 07979 454 428
- By Post
- Mandy Sims 317 Bole Hill Road Sheffield South Yorkshire S6 5DH